SolarWinds to Attend ITSM Conferences SupportWorld Live and itSMF UK
CORK, Ireland — November 8, 2021 — SolarWinds(NYSE:SWI), a leading provider of simple, powerful, and secure IT management software, today announced it will serve as a sponsor and participant in two key virtual IT service management (ITSM) conferences in November. At SupportWorld Live, November 6-11, 2021 held in Orlando, and virtually, SolarWinds will participate in solution spotlight sessions and a panel discussion on "AI, Automation, and the Future of Service Management." At itSMF UK, held virtually on November 15-16, 2021, SolarWinds Head Geek™ Liz Beavers will deliver a presentation on "Strengthening Communications Competencies to Excel in Your Tech Career." SolarWinds experts will be available at each conference to showcase the latest feature updates to SolarWinds® Service Desk, its award-winning cloud-based service management solution.
"Modern ITSM impacts every employee in every department—as well as end users—making it a vital aspect of operations in businesses of all sizes, not just the large enterprises," said Rohini Kasturi, chief product officer, SolarWinds. "We're proud to showcase the latest updates to our Service Desk product and share service management insights with organizations at these renowned conferences to help them better achieve optimal levels of productivity and efficiency, and drive business outcomes and success."
SupportWorld Live, powered by HDI Conference, is the technical support industry's most comprehensive event for the USA. Whether you're a frontline technician, new manager, seasoned team lead, distinguished VP, or CIO—there's something for everyone. Through interactive sessions and networking, attendees will receive valuable insights to make their lives as tech support professionals considerably easier.
SupportWorld Live attendees will have the opportunity to participate in several sessions sponsored by SolarWinds, including two spotlight sessions, one discussion group session, and a panel discussion with SolarWinds Head Geek Liz Beavers.
AI, Automation, and the Future of the Service Management
- Who: Liz Beavers; Roy Atkinson, CEO, Clifton Butterfield, LLC; Tim Lawes, senior manager, solutions consulting, Symphony Summit
- What: Panel Discussion
- When: Wednesday, November 10, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. ET
- Where:Virtual Conference Session
- Abstract: Gartner® predicts that, by 2025, proactive customer interactions will outnumber reactive customer interactions. Even with the advantages of AI, service management is still too often reactive, bound by fixed, linear processes that aren't flexible, agile, or adaptable. How can support organizations shake up service management? Is there more to it than just automating processes and workflows? Join industry thought leaders for an interactive discussion on the future of the service management, the role AI and automation will play, and the solution landscape in 2022 and beyond.
Digital Transformation—The Glue for Employee Service Management
- Who: Liz Beavers
- What: 45-minute Solution Spotlight Session
- When: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 12 - 12:45 p.m. ET
- Where:Virtual Conference Session
- Abstract: Over time, especially over the past 18 months, we've witnessed organizations embracing and accelerating their digital transformation. Many had visions of digitizing their services, but with a rapid shift to remote work at the top of the pandemic, and now for many, sustained hybrid operations, digital transformation is a necessity. Join Liz Beavers as she explores how digitizing and streamlining your service desk, from the knowledge base to your service catalog, can help create a digital-first culture and enhance the user experience.
Decoding Automations for Enhanced Visibility and Collaboration
- Who: Jason Yeary, senior sales engineer, ITSM, SolarWinds
- What: 20-minute Solutions Spotlight Session
- When: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 6 - 6:20 p.m. ET
- Where:In-Person Session; Exhibit Hall Only
- Abstract: Automation can elevate IT service management (ITSM) activities and help maximize the service desk's human resources. Join Jason Yeary as he dives into the value automations can bring to increase visibility and improve the service experience. In this Solutions Spotlight, Jason will explore how layers of automation rules can create service efficiencies and opportunities for IT operations and IT service management to collaborate. Uncover how you can crack the code on automations and build value in your organization's service desk.
itSMF UK is the country's leading membership association for service management professionals—with members ranging from individual service management practitioners to large multinational organizations. itSMF UK and its partners provide members with the knowledge, education, assets, and capabilities required to improve both their service management activities and the business outcomes they result in.
Head Geek Liz Beavers will deliver a session on "Strengthening Communication Competencies to Excel in Your Tech Career" on Tuesday, November 16 at 4:35 p.m. GMT, which explores why communication skills are some of the most essential tools for a career in technology, how you can harness those skills, and the doors that will open when you do so. Attendees will walk away with an understanding of how to:
- Leverage communication skills to go after and achieve opportunities, regardless of age, experience, or skill set.
- Play up your best soft skills like problem solving or teamwork.
- Be comfortable in the uncomfortable. Learn how to stretch your communications skills to step out of the box and see where it takes you.
Visit the itSMF UK site to learn more about the conference and for a detailed agenda.
SolarWinds Service Desk
SolarWinds Service Desk is a cloud-based service management solution built to streamline the way businesses provide support and deliver services to their organizations. Whether a small IT operation with basic IT ticketing needs or a large enterprise with a complex IT infrastructure and mature processes, SolarWinds Service Desk is designed to meet an organization's needs with the flexibility to scale and support future business requirements.
SolarWinds recently released new features to the Service Desk product to enhance service delivery and visibility across support teams. These new features include:
- Time-based automation
- Ability to capture assignee at SLA breach time
- Ability to link new incidents to the original incident via automation
- Option to block change ticket resolution for changes with incomplete tasks
- ARM-based (M1) agent support for Mac® devices
- Integration with Microsoft Intune® service
- Integration with Microsoft Teams®
With these updates, Service Desk can now:
- Help prevent change requests with incomplete tasks from being closed introduced the option to block the change. This addition helps organizations standardize their change management practices and enforce uniform change processes.
- Help meet various organizations' compliance requirements by adding log records in the audit report for permission changes. This enhancement provides visibility into changes made on users' permissions and can be extracted for reporting purposes.
- Deliver the ability to scope SLA rules applied to multiple category and subcategory pairings. This addition alleviates needing to create duplicate or redundant rules, helping teams maintain their defined service levels for support.
- Integrate with Microsoft Teams, heightening omnichannel support and collaboration for users to the service desk. This enhancement enables requesters to seamlessly open tickets directly from Teams.
Connect With SolarWinds
SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI) is a leading provider of simple, powerful, and secure IT management software. Our solutions give organizations worldwide—regardless of type, size, or complexity—the power to accelerate business transformation in today's hybrid IT environments. We continuously engage with technology professionals—IT service and operations professionals, DevOps and SecOps professionals, and Database Administrators (DBAs) – to understand the challenges they face in maintaining high-performing and highly available IT infrastructures, applications, and environments.Theinsights we gain from them, in places like our THWACK community, allowus to address customers' needs now, and in the future. Our focus on the user and commitment to excellence in end-to-end hybrid IT management has established SolarWinds as a worldwide leader in solutions for observability, IT service management, application performance, and database management. Learn more todayat www.solarwinds.com.
The SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK trademarks are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks of) their respective companies.
© 2021 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.