Peering, edge computing, and community with Grant Kirkwood | Network AF Episode 16
Chief Technology Officer and Co-founder of Unitas Global, Grant Kirkwood, joins Network AF to discuss motivations for starting the company and where they're at currently. Avi and Grant talk about what it is like to be a service provider and a solution provider (MSP) in one, and how it plays into what Avi calls the APIfication of networks and IT strategy.
Topics throughout the conversation include:
- Non-software enterprise companies and whether or not they'll adopt more interest in peering
- Donut Peering and creating better interconnection
- Building reliable and resilient networks for edge computing
- Unitas' growth and how Grant thinks about building networking skills internally
- Looking for people to join the team who are curious
The Network AF podcast is a journey of super-nerd proportions into the world of networking, cloud, and the internet. Avi Freedman, self-described internet plumber and podcast namesake, hosts top network engineering experts from around the world for in-depth, honest, and freewheeling banter on all-things-network — how-tos, best practices, biggest mistakes, war stories, hot takes, rants, and more.
Listen and subscribe on: