Coronavirus and the New IT Management Challenge
The unplanned and unbudgeted surge in remote workers due to the Coronavirus has IT teams scrambling to ensure their virtualized desktop and application infrastructure (Citrix or VMware Horizon) can support the increased usage, workloads, and expectations of seamless performance from workers who are not familiar with remote working.
IT Management and Professionals face the following increased demands to:
- Support a surge of remote workers using Citrix or VMware Horizon View.
- Respond to an increased amount of troubleshooting calls to resolve issues.
- Prevent performance issues from occurring vs reacting to end-user feedback.
- Document end-user experience metrics rather than relying on end-user feedback.
- Log remote user work activity and productivity.