Cloud 66 Feature Highlight: Tag Propagation
What is tag propagation?
Some cloud providers support the propagation of your Cloud 66 tags into their own tagging systems. Tag Propagation allows you to easily identify and link components between your Cloud 66 account and supported cloud provider platforms.
Currently, tag propagation supports cloud servers and load balancer components.
How does tag propagation work?
Cloud 66 will push your server tags up to your provider and ensure that they are compatible with your cloud provider's systems. This will allow you to easily identify components across platforms. The exact nature of this transformation depends on:
- Whether they are simple text tags or key/value pairs
- Whether the provider supports key/value formatting for tags
The level of support for tag propagation differs depending on the cloud provider.
- Propagation of tags to cloud providers: https://help.cloud66.com/maestro/how-to-guides/deployment/tagging-components.html#propagation-of-tags-to-cloud-providers
- Feature Highlight - Tag Propagation: https://blog.cloud66.com/feature-highlight-delete-protection/
- Cloud 66 features: https://www.cloud66.com/features/