SAN FRANCISCO -- June 30, 2021 -- CircleCI, the leading continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, today announced Apurva (AJ) Joshi as Chief Product Officer (CPO). The company also announced major product updates to their server capabilities that enhance security and compliance for enterprise teams.
Joshi's immediate priorities following his appointment include: expanding CircleCI's footprint to further the development of emerging cloud-native markets, doubling down on the platform's insights capabilities, and optimizing the CircleCI server offering, which now includes new functions to its latest version, server 3.1.
Introducing CircleCI server 3.1
The latest version of server is designed to meet the strictest security, compliance, and regulatory restraints. This self-hosted solution offers the ability to scale under load and run multiple services at once, all within a team's Kubernetes cluster and network with the full CircleCI cloud experience.
As part of the server 3.1 release, CircleCI joins the AWS EKS Partner listing to deliver best in class CI/CD for Kubernetes users on EKS. Server 3.1 simplifies the installation process for EKS users to reduce the barrier to entry and expedite development.
Many users see benefits from the combined power of CircleCI and AWS, including Will Plourde, CTO of Returnalyze. "CircleCI has become our release team, and AWS allows our developers to focus more on what they're building, and less on managing infrastructure."
New server 3.1 capabilities include:
- CircleCI runner on server: Allows users to expand their compute options to include macOS, amongst others, and run unique builds on their own infrastructure.
- Backup and restore: Allows users to save a server instance to a cloud storage service or locally, along with the ability to restore the server instance to a previous backup.
- Access to observability stack: Provides an improved view for operators into the health of the server instance through the observability stack, which provides a dashboard on metrics like CPU and memory usage.
- Enhanced customized integrations: Users can now easily configure external endpoints to Postgres, MongoDB, and Vault. They can also customize Telegraf to direct output to their own data services like Datadog or InfluxDB to monitor installation and integrate with an internal dashboard.
- Private IP for load balancer: This makes CircleCI private, for those choosing to control access through another tool like a VPN.
CircleCI welcomes Apurva Joshi to their C-suite
With more than 19 years of experience developing new product strategies and building scalable cloud services, Joshi aims to strengthen CircleCI's position as a leading CI/CD provider globally by expanding to regions focused on creating and optimizing their cloud economies.
Most recently, Joshi served as Chief Product Officerat DigitalOcean, where he led the overall product roadmap to develop IaaS & PaaS cloud solutions for a wide array of customers. Prior to that, he served in various product management and customer experience leadership roles at Microsoft.
"AJ's approach to leadership empowers product teams to deliver their best work. From incubating new products to supporting enterprise customers, AJ's product management style has enabled developers to work quickly and confidently, which is at the core of our CircleCI product vision," said Jim Rose, CEO, CircleCI.
"Today, building software is more complex than ever, begging the need for automation and validation solutions at every stage of the development lifecycle," said Apurva Joshi, CPO, CircleCI. "I look forward to driving the next phase of CircleCI's product vision, which will expand on these proven capabilities and help engineering teams deliver great solutions to their customers."
This news comes on the heels of CircleCI's second-straight $100 million funding and acquisition of release orchestration platform, Vamp.
Additional company momentum includes:
- The addition of Mark Partin, seasoned financial executive, to the CircleCI board of directors. Partin is best known for his extensive experience overseeing high growth companies.
- Recognition on Constellation Research's 2022 Business Transformation 150 and the 2021 SD Times 100: 'Best DevOps Platform' lists.
To learn more about CircleCI, visit www.circleci.com.