Kubernetes Master Class - Addressing the Amount of Pull Requests in Rancher
In this master class Support Engineer Matthew Mattox will address the new Docker Hub limits and how to reduce the number of pull requests made against Docker Hub. We will go over different options including building a full registry mirror, and using the standard registry, including the required maintenance tasks, to use a pull-through-cache registry. We will also cover some Enterprise solutions (e.g. JFrog) along with how to reduce the number of pulls while using Docker Hub.
- What is the impact of the new Docker Hub pull limits, and how will it impact Rancher and Rancher managed cluster
- What solutions are available to solve this issue?
- Designing and implementing a full registry mirror.
- Designing and implementing a pull-through-cache registry.
- How to reduce the overall image pulls in a Rancher managed environment.