Everything you need to know about Kubernetes pod networking on AWS
When you are first starting out with Kubernetes running in Amazon cloud, pod networking is probably not the first thing you think about. Nevertheless, at some point you are going to be 100% dependent on whatever networking you choose. So while you don’t need to be a networking expert, it’s well worth investing a few minutes to gain a basic understanding of the common choices, how they work, and the tradeoffs between them.
In the video you’ll learn:
- Some essential background on AWS networking and Kubernetes pod networking.
- What an overlay network is, why you might want to use one, and the building blocks used to implement one.
- Options for a non-overlay network, why you might want to do this, and the building blocks used to implement one.
- Scale considerations that may be important to you when trying to choose between all these different options.
- Where Kubernetes network policy fits into all of this, which is essential if you care about security.