Building a GitOps Workflow
Since the rise of Kubernetes, GitOps workflows have become the standard way for teams to manage the state of large systems. GitOps is a way to perform application management and delivery, which at its core leverages a version control system to maintain the desired state of the system. Being able to describe the desired state using human readable text files, and allowing automation to handle deployments and updates based on those files, means less opportunity for human error and faster deployments.
In this training Russ Savage (Product Manager at InfluxData) walks through:
- Setting up a GitHub repository to serve as a version control system
- Creating automation to enable your team to check out a repository from GitHub.
- Installing and configure a local InfluxDB OSS instance to mimic production.
- Making changes and push those changes to the repository.
- Deploying those changes automatically into the production account using GitHub Actions.