This article introduces how to repair corrupted MP4 video files. So, if you have corrupted or damaged MP4 video files and now you want to repair it, go through this whole post and learn the 3 best ways to repair MP4 file.
MP4 is popular video file format that is used for streaming and downloading videos from an internet. MP4is also used for storing audio, images, subtitles, etc.
It is one of the standardized video file formats and almost all the media players’ support MP4. However, in a few instances, these video files get corrupted /damaged due to several unforeseen reasons.
But you don’t have to worry about, as the corrupted MP4 files can be easily repaired with a few effective methods mentioned below.
Major Causes of MP4 Video File Corruption
There are dozens of reasons that can cause the MP4 video file corruption in your system.
Below, I have listed, some of the most common reasons behind video file corruption issue.
- Recording video in low battery
- A Poor/Weak internet connection
- Due to Virus or Malware attacks
- Because of the corrupted video headers
- Error during reading/writing data
- Using faulty, unauthorized or improper media player
- While downloading or transferring media files, the process remains incomplete.
How To Repair Corrupted/Damaged Mp4 Video Files?
In this section, you will get 3 easy and effective ways to fix corrupt MP4 video files.
So, let’s try out the given methods one by one.
Method #1: How to Repair MP4 VideosWith VLC
VLC Player is a versatile application that has ability to repair corrupt MP4 file or other video file formats successfully. Thus, you can try this method to fix your corrupted MP4 video file.
To know how to fix corrupt MP4 video files using VLC, you need to follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you need to download & install the VLC Media Player in your PC then open it.
- After that, open "Media" menu and choose "Convert/Save".
- Locate your corrupted video by simply tapping on "Add" > "Convert/Save" option.
- Choose your destination Profile & click on wrench in order to provide name to the output file.
- Once you're done then simply tap on Start.
Method #2: Repair MP4 Files by Creating Duplicate File of MP4
This is another method that you can try to repair MP4 Video File. You can create a duplicate file of the MP4 video and then play them.
Check out the below given steps to know how to do so:
- Begin with creating the duplicate of your original MP4 video and then change a file format into AVI by simply renaming it
- After that, launch the VLC player & choose the “Tool” option -> Preferences then -> Input or Codecs”
- Again, tap on “Always fix” then > “Save” that is located at the below of the “Preferences” window
After performing the above steps, again you should try to play your corrupted .MP4 file using VLC and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
Method #3: Increase the Cache Values in VLC Player
The method can fix the corrupted MP4video files, video stuttering and lagging issue associated with the MP4 files. Hence, you can try this method to repair MP4 Video File.
Here’s how to increase the cache values in VLC Player:
- Open your VLC Media Player then tap on Tools
- In the tools menu, click on Preferences.
- Under Show Settings option, you’ll get two options: Simple & All. Click on All.
- Choose & tap on Input/Codecthen select an Advanced
- Compared to the File caching (ms) option, you need to increase a cache value into 1000.
- At last, hit on Save option & restart your VLC player.
How Do You Know If Your Video File Is Corrupted?
If you get the following signs or symptoms on your MP4 video files then there is a good chance that your video files get corrupted.
- Blurry /flickering or choppy video.
- Black screen issue
- Video lagging problems
- Video file Format will not support by your PC.
- No video, only audio will play
- Computer starts freezing while playing MP4 videos.
Time to Sum Up
Having corrupted or damaged MP4 video files can become a nightmare for many users. Thus, I have provided some of the handy ways to repair MP4 Video File.
Thus, if you are also having corrupted video files then you must try out the above methods to fix this issue.
VLC Media Player is one of the successful methods that usually help to repair the corrupted videos. However, if this method doesn’t work in case, then you can try out the other two methods.
Hope you like this post!