How to Measure Packet Loss | Obkio
Packet loss is one of the core network metrics that you should be measuring when monitoring your network performance.
The most accurate way to measure packet loss is by using a Network Monitoring Software, like Obkio.
- Deploy Monitoring Agents
- Deploy Network Monitoring Agents in key network locations like offices, data centers and clouds.
- Collect Packet Loss Metrics
- Obkio’s Network Monitoring Agents continuously measure packet loss by sending synthetic traffic every 500ms.
This frequency is essential because packet loss is based on a percentage. For that percentage to be accurate, you need to monitor continuous volume.
- Analyze Packet Loss
- Identify any packet loss happening in your network on Obkio’s Network Response Time Graph.
Easily see the percentage of packet loss anywhere in your network with updates every 500ms.
- Identify the Worst
- Obkio automatically aggregates data over time to be able to display graphs over a large period of time.
For example, the packet loss displayed over an aggregated period of 1 hour is the worst packet loss of all the small 1-min periods in the hour.
Obkio shows you the worst packet loss percentages because we want to show you that there is a problem, and where it's located.
- Troubleshoot Network Packet Loss
- A great monitoring solution will also allow you to collect the data you need to troubleshoot the packet loss.
Leverage troubleshooting tools like: Obkio Traceroutes & Device Monitoring to identify exactly where, when, and why the packet loss is happening, and how to solve it.
Start monitoring packet loss for free with Obkio! obkio.com/free-trial/
Obkio is a simple network performance monitoring solution that allows users to continuously monitor the health of their network and core business applications to improve the end-user experience.
Easily identify the source of a system failure and so you can quickly apply the corrective measures, right at the heart of the problem, before it affects your end users.
Try Obkio for free here: https://obkio.com/free-trial/