How to Measure Jitter | Obkio
Jitter is one of the core network metrics that you should be measuring when monitoring your network performance.
Jitter is your network's biggest enemy when using UC and real-time apps like IP telephony, video conferencing, and virtual desktop infrastructure.
The most accurate way to measure Jitter is by using a Network Monitoring Software, like Obkio.
- Deploy Monitoring Agents
- Deploy Network Monitoring Agents in key network locations like offices, data centers and clouds.
- Collect Jitter Metrics
- Obkio continuously measures jitter by sending synthetic traffic every 500ms for the most precise jitter measurements.
- Analyze Network Jitter
- Analyze jitter measurements in Obkio's Network Response Time Graph and pinpoint jitter anywhere in your network.
- Identify the Worst
- With aggregation, Obkio shows you the worst jitter values in the aggregated graph.
For example: The amount of jitter displayed over an aggregated period of 1h is the worst median jitter of all the small 1-min periods within that hour.
Obkio shows you the worst Jitter percentages to highlight network issues, where they’re located and what’s causing them.
- Troubleshoot Network Jitter
- A great monitoring solution will also allow you to collect the data you need to troubleshoot jitter.
Leverage troubleshooting tools like:
- Device Monitoring
To identify exactly where, when, and why the jitter is happening.
Start monitoring jitter for free with Obkio!
Obkio is a simple network performance monitoring solution that allows users to continuously monitor the health of their network and core business applications to improve the end-user experience.
Easily identify the source of a system failure and so you can quickly apply the corrective measures, right at the heart of the problem, before it affects your end users.
Try Obkio for free here: https://obkio.com/free-trial/