Pinpoint is an APM (Application Performance Management) tool for large-scale distributed systems written in Java / PHP. Inspired by Dapper, Pinpoint provides a solution to help analyze the overall structure of the system and how components within them are interconnected by tracing transactions across distributed applications.
You should definitely check Pinpoint out if you want to:
- Understand your application topology at a glance.
- Monitor your application in Real-Time.
- Gain code-level visibility of every transaction.
- Install APM Agents without changing a single line of code.
- Have minimal impact on the performance (approximately 3% increase in resource usage).