Modernizing Your Cyber Security Approach with Center for Internet Security
In early 2017, NNT assembled a panel of experts to discuss the increased importance of applying the Center for Internet Security Controls as part of a modern approach to cyber security. The session also highlighted the benefits of combining the CIS Controls with ongoing, real-time compliance monitoring.
Key questions covered during the session included:
- Why are hackers still able to exploit existing known vulnerabilities?
- Why do you need to understand the state of the configuration of your IT estate?
- Why do organizations tend to prioritize focus on perimeter defenses at the expense of the actual systems that store sensitive data?
- What is the latest guidance with respect to Ransomware?
- Why is CIS relevant?
- Eliminating vulnerabilities by hardening comes with a health warning - what is the safest way to do it?