Netwrix Auditor for Windows File Servers - Overview
Netwrix Auditor for Windows File Servers maximizes visibility into what's going on across Windows file servers by classifying sensitive data and providing actionable audit data about all changes made to files, folders, shares and permissions; and reporting on both successful and failed access attempts.
Today, it’s hard to imagine an enterprise that doesn’t rely on file servers to store its data — including valuable and sensitive data. This makes file servers a key target for all sorts of attackers, including both anonymous hackers and disgruntled employees.
So how do you know, say, what kinds of sensitive data are stored on your file shares? Are there any hidden IT risks in your infrastructure? Who tried to access shared folders that they don’t have access to? Or, who deleted a file containing cardholder data, medical records or financial statements? And how do you deal with the countless report requests from internal and external auditors?
Introducing Netwrix Auditor for Windows File Servers, a change, configuration and access auditing software solution that maximizes visibility into what’s going on across your file servers.
- Verify that sensitive data is not overexposed and resides only in dedicated safe locations with proper access controls.
- Spot security gaps on your file servers, such as potentially harmful files or shared folders accessible by Everyone to minimize your attack surface.
- Control permissions and protect sensitive data by making sure access rights to your servers and specific shares are configured properly.
- Secure sensitive data on your file shares by spotting malicious insider activity or a ransomware attack in progress with alerts on threat patterns.
- Gain complete visibility into all user changes and monitor failed and successful data access attempts to protect sensitive data across your file servers.
- Facilitate cleanup and lower your storage costs by identifying the largest files, unused data and redundant folders.
- Provide answers to auditors’ questions faster with out-of-the-box compliance reports, and address any specific question or report request with the Interactive Search.