Yellowfin represents a major revolution in BI and analytics. This is because our end-to-end analytics platform is aimed at solving real enterprise analytics challenges and helping business people understand not only what happened, but why. Founded in 2003 in response to the complexity and costs associated with implementing and using traditional BI tools, Yellowfin is an intuitive, 100 percent web-based reporting and analytics platform.
Yellowfin delivers the complete BI stack – beautiful dashboards, assisted insights, market-leading reporting and collaboration tools, data transformation and data science model integration capabilities, and a truly flexible product for fully integrated, embedded analytics.
Yellowfin’s dashboards are slick, customisable and highly interactive, providing the perfect way to monitor your business at a glance. You can quickly apply filters, sub queries and use drill through, down-down or drill-anywhere to find the detail you need fast. With Yellowfin, you can go from data to dashboards in just hours; not weeks or months.
Yellowfin’s assisted insights capability is a key differentiator, enabling you to produce faster, and better decisions. It does this by applying machine-learning algorithms to help data analysts respond quickly to business questions, and to help business users answer the question “Why?” without further technical support.
More than 25,000 organisations and more than three million end users across 75 countries trust Yellowfin and use our platform every day.
As an entrepreneur and a CEO of a startup, I think it’s vital to have a mentor. You often come to critical junctures and that’s when it can be invaluable to speak to someone. You can’t talk to your colleagues though because you need to motivate them and keep the organization growing. That’s why having an external mentor is very helpful.
Continuing my series of blogs examining the products, services and client benefits borne out of Yellowfin’s partnerships, I’m pleased to introduce our new fintech partner, ChartIQ. ChartIQ provides HTML5 components and the Finsemble integration platform to banks, brokerages, trading platforms, and financial portals worldwide. Using Finsemble technology, large organisations are able to assemble and integrate different types of applications into full blown desktop solution in hours instead of months.
One question that I’m often asked is ‘how do I justify funding for a BI project?’ The answer I give is that to win funding you need to stop thinking about BI as a project.
Recently I watched a video by Mico Yuk where she explains her approach to BI storyboarding. Mico Yuk is well-known in the BI space specifically around SAP and Lumira. She runs her own consultancy predominantly helping SAP customers build out BI projects for their own internal use cases.
Yellowfin has always been a data-focused organisation. But for far too long our finance team has relied on Excel as their core mechanism for analyzing our business. Recently, that’s changed at Yellowfin thanks to our new CFO, Keith Bold. Keith really understands the power of data and wanted to empower the finance team to join the rest of our organisation who use BI every day.
You rely on data to make your strategic business decisions. So you need to be certain that the data is accurate. You need to make sure that you have consist and trustworthy data from input to insight.
Many businesses think of BI as infrastructure but that’s the shortest step to failure. The reality is that BI should deliver long-term value to the organization. BI done well is not a one-off project focused on infrastructure.
When our finance team really started to integrate BI into their workflows, we saw substantial improvements in empowerment and efficiency.
All of the value that’s delivered from BI comes from the context, not the numbers. For decades 95% of the effort in BI has been spent in cleaning data, preparation, and visualization. But for people in the business, all of the value comes from the remaining 5% - when the numbers are connected to context in the business. It’s time for this ratio to flip.
July was a huge month for M&A activity in the BI space. Thoughtspot raised $145 million, Salesforce acquired Datorama, Workday acquired Stories.bi and Tableau acquired Empirical Systems.
After taking a deep breath at the end of the financial year, we’ve jumped straight into another year – and things are already looking good. We closed out July 101% of budget and the whole organization is gearing up for our version 8 release. We believe it’s going to be a game changer in the way the whole industry thinks about analytics.