Do you want a good uptime on your servers? The Pingability service monitors your servers (including web page checks, and email server checks). We can alert you if the server goes down so you can respond rapidly.
Pingability can monitor basic web pages, of course, but it can also check SSL secured URLs at no extra cost, check for the existence or absence of a keyword on that page and check the page responds within a certain time.
But the Internet is about more than web pages. Pingability can also check SMTP (Email), DNS, FTP and other Ports (e.g. to check if SSH is running).
Get alerted when things go wrong:
- Alerts only when there is a real problem: You can tell the service to alert you based on rules you specify. e.g. on the first outage, or when the server comes back up, or if there are, say, five outages in a two hour period.
- Alerts via Email, SMS, phone call: We can send out alerts via SMS or email. We can even send out an automated phone call.
- SSH actions: You can have our service run any SSH commands you like in the event of a problem. e.g. to restart your web or database server. Or even to reboot your server. The SSH actions are unique to Pingability.com's service.
- Avoid unnecessary alerts: You can setup 'events' so the service does not send out alerts during scheduled maintenance.
- Multiple recipients:You can alert multiple people/devices in the event of a failure or the site coming back up.
The Pingability site is part of the same company that operates rimuhosting.com, the VPS hosting company. This background lets us leverage the technical expertise of our staff and our strong hosting infrastruture so that we can provide a reliable, usable monitoring service to both technical and non-technical users.