Bulletproof

Sep 27, 2018
2016
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Apr 12, 2019   |  By Luke Peach
Since GDPR came into effect, people tend to be a lot more aware of their personal data or rather, data breaches containing their personal data. Most data breaches that appear on the news tend to be what I call ‘big boy breaches’. These refer to massive breaches from the big companies consisting of millions and millions of data records.
Mar 29, 2019   |  By Joe A. J. Beaumont
Like many things in life, hackers are victims (and I use the word loosely) of stereotyping. You won’t find much stock imagery depicting hackers that doesn’t involve a hoodie, a dimly-lit room and several monitors full of scrolling binary text. And whilst that’s definitely sometimes true, it also makes several assumptions about hackers in general, which is at best misleading and at worst leaves you wide open to attack.
Mar 15, 2019   |  By Joseph Poppy
Computers are making humans now. Sort of. In a recent discussion at Bulletproof, someone casually mentioned ‘thispersondoesnotexist.com’. It’s a fairly harmless experiment in which AI randomly generates an image of a person who does not exist, thus solving the mystery of the name. This has since prevented me from sleeping at night, not least because I have turned up on it more than once.
Mar 1, 2019   |  By Joseph Poppy
80% of all human endeavour is committed to making money, with the remaining 20% spent finding interesting ways to spend it. These are figures that I’ve just made up, but I said it in the Bulletproof office, and everyone nodded, which either means it speaks a certain truth or, once again, everyone is doing their best to ignore me. With this in mind, it’s fair to say people tend not to put a lot of effort into something unless they know they’re going to be financially rewarded for it.
Feb 15, 2019   |  By Joseph Poppy
Having covered the start-up vs corporate question before, we thought we would look into which industry is currently most at risk of cyber attack. According to the Wikipedia entry ‘list of data breaches’, which contains a list of data breaches (spoilers), out of 255 data breaches over the last 15 years, historically, the hardest hit industry was ‘web’.
Sep 27, 2018   |  By Bulletproof
Confused about PCI compliance? Get a clear understanding of this much misunderstood standard with our Clarity On PCI Compliance white paper. This is the first in our ‘Security First’ series of white papers and provides an illustrated insight into the world of PCI DSS compliance. Inside we explain the requirements, dispel the myths and give you top tips for saving time and effort.
Sep 1, 2018   |  By Bulletproof
This Security First white paper will help businesses understand all aspects of penetration testing services, from planning and managing through to getting real value and benefit from the results. This whitepaper is not a guide for practitioners, but instead is aimed at people who need to procure, plan, and manage the lifecycle of a penetration testing project.
Aug 1, 2018   |  By Bulletproof
This white paper will provide you with a high-level understanding of GDPR’s strategic aims and the challenges these present to UK businesses. In addition, we’ll present helpful tips for interpreting, implementing and maintaining the new legislation and your approach to managing personal data.